Thursday, March 1, 2007

Frapps and you

Hey all,

I've downloaded frapps recently and was trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with it. I tested it out on NWNs and it worked fine. You know, the screenshots of crumby graphics and short videos of just running around. However, when I loaded world of warcraft, took a few test shots and test vids all I come up with is black .jpgs and no video. In the help it says the FPS (there is a FPS indicator shown on the gaming screen via fraps) should turn red when I hit the record button and they do for a moment and quickly turn yellow again.

Anybody out there work fraps or know a better video capture method for WoW? I could use your help trying to figure this out. Then I can start posting screenshots of my horrendous lag here. >.<

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you actually need some kind of codec for Frapps, which should be included in the software. However, before my major computer crash, I recorded some and when playing the recorded files in an ordinary mediaplayer, the picture was all black but I had sound. But when I put it into a video editor like Premiere, everything was just fine.

Goodle for Frapps codec and see if you can get any answers. And also find other useful codecs (google K-lite codec pack).

Hope it works!

Dave said...

Thank you for the advice. I've been serching around without much success but I'm looking anyhow.

Best World of Warcraft Gold Guide said...

great post man :)

The Warchief

The Warchief
May your axe be swift!